Please Note: Continuing EOPS students at ECC do not have to reapply every semester.
Thank you for your interest in the Extended Opportunity Programs & Services (EOPS) at El Camino College. EOPS is dedicated to the delivery of a comprehensive program that encourages the enrollment, retention, and transfer of students who are challenged by language, social, economic, and educational disadvantages.
EOPS Eligibility Requirements:
- CA Resident or AB 540 or AB 1899
- Enrolled in at least 12 units when accepted into the EOPS program (exceptions may apply)
- Have less than 70 degree-applicable units completed (including all colleges/universities)
- Qualify for the California College Promise Grant (SBOG- Method A, B, or C with zero EFC).
Plus have an educational need in at least ONE of the following areas:
- Not qualified for enrollment in the minimum level English or Mathematics course required for an associate degree
- Not have graduated from high school or obtained a GED
- High School graduate with a GPA below 2.5
- Previous enrollment in remedial courses
- Other factors as determined by the EOPS director (i.e. first-generation college student, English is not the primary language spoken at home, current or former foster youth, required to enroll in a supplemental course for English and/or Math)
Complete the following to avoid delays in the review of your EOPS application:
El CAMINO COLLEGE- Steps to Enrollment: www.elcamino.edu/admissions/steps/
UNIT Requirement: You must enroll in 12 units to be eligible for EOPS (exceptions apply, see below). You will be invited to an EOPS/CARE Program Orientation once you register for 12 units and meet program eligibility. Check MyECC for your registration appointment.
Special Resource Center (SRC) Participants Unit Exception: Students who receive services from the SRC must submit an EOPS/SRC Inter-Program Referral form noting the recommended number of units, which must be signed by an SRC representative. You can download the EOPS/SRC Inter-Program Referral form from our website: https://www.elcamino.edu/support/resources/eops/forms.aspx
Full-time Unit Waiver (Limited Waivers Available): Students who are not able to complete a full-time course load (at least 12 units) in the Spring 2023 semester may receive a full-time unit waiver upon approval by an EOPS counselor. Students interested in a full-time unit waiver must enroll in 9-11.5 units and attend an EOPS Program Orientation to be considered.
TRANSCRIPTS: If applicable, submit unofficial transcripts for all courses taken at other colleges.
Next steps to join EOPS and receive an EOPS Book Voucher, if eligible:
- Eligible students will receive an email invitation to attend an EOPS/CARE Program Orientation.
- EOPS/CARE Program Orientations are scheduled from January through March 2023.
- Check your El Camino College and personal email (entered on your application) beginning in January to register for an EOPS/CARE Program Orientation.
- After attending the EOPS/CARE Program Orientation you will need to schedule an appointment to meet with an EOPS Counselor. Once your educational planning appointment is complete new eligible students will receive a book voucher to purchase books for Spring 2023.